- New Client Form
- Make an Appointment
- 5K9 Mutt Strut
- About Us
- Pet Library
- Other Features
- Contact Us
- Site Map
This page, however, we would like to focus on the "well-established" aspect of this clinic. Dr. F.Y.S. Moore began practicing veterinary medicine on this very plot of land by at least 1920. As a graduate from Ontario, he recieved his veterinary certificat from the state of Oklahoma in 1918 (see image to right). He practice veterinary medicine in the building pictured below until 1957 when he turned his clinic over to Dr. T.A. Byrd.
Dr. Byrd was a graduate of Oklahoma A&M Veterinary College in 1953. His high quality care and devotion to the veterinary profession earned him honors as a College of Veterinary Medicine Distinguished Graduate in 1991. Prior to that, Dr. Byrd had retired from actively practicing medicine but had left his clinic in the competent hand of Dr. Ronald Richardson. The image below is of Dr. Byrds clinic.
Dr. Richardson took over the practice in 1984 shortly after graduating from Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine. He remodeled what was originally a mixed animal practice into a small animal exclusive veterinary hospital in 1998. After over 26 years of practicing first class veterinary medicine, Dr. Richardson was looking to retire. In January of 2010, Dr. Ashley Sewell arrived at Richardson Animal Hospital for a three week intership. As it turned out, this intership also served as a thorough interview since Dr. Richardson was not turning the practice that he, Dr. Moore, and Dr. Byrd had nurtured over to simply the first vet to walk through his door. His impression was that Dr. Sewell proved herself a competent and driven veterinarian just like all those before her. On May 15, 2010 she became responsible for holding up the legacy of this well-established clinic.
Rabies Tag 1924 Rabies Tab 1940
Both were found on the premis of this clinic.